The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audigy driver feedback
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottmc
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:33 pm   Post subject: Audigy driver feedback Reply with quote   Next

Use this thread to provide feedback on the Audigy driver Alpha release.
mariux
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

awesome to see someone writing drivers and helping the community, thank you very much !

sorry that i didnt bother looking up your name:-D
DaaT
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

It's in the article i wrote.. *SMACK* icon_biggrin.gif
rcrodgers
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:21 pm   Post subject: Audigy Drivers work pretty well! Reply with quote  Previous Next

I haven't had a single problem with the drivers on my net_server installation, but I have not yet gotten any sound out of the drivers on my BONE installation. I suppose that's fine, in its own way, as BONE systems will be a think of the past once some of the BeOS recreation projects have an official release. icon_smile.gif

Raymond
GregC
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:38 pm   Post subject: audigy and bone Reply with quote  Previous Next

All in all, I haven't heard of many people having trouble with the driver.
I was told that it works fine under Dano, but I haven't tried it with BONE. I will have to install Bone and see if it works for me. Maybe a recompile is needed.

There is one person that has an Audigy and it doesn't even show up under the Devices. Obviously, the driver doesn't load or show up. I have to find out more information and see what might be the problem.

Also, I am learning that the Audigy2 is quite a bit different. I'm sure that this driver would not work, but maybe with a few changes.

Greg
scottmc
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

What have you found out about the Exitigy so far? Is it just an Audigy hanging off the USB port?

-Scottmc
DaaT
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Greg, hi. Just to let you know. If it works under Dano, it works with BONE, since Dano has BONE.

Look forward to updates icon_smile.gif

DaaT
GregC
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Yup, your right. I installed Dano and the driver seems to work pretty good. Whats odd though, is that I have heard from a couple people that R5 + Bone has problems. I'm not sure why the Bone kernel with R5 would cause a problem and not Dano. I think it also works with the Yellowtab release. I let them know about it, and they said they were interested in including it.

As far as the Extigy, I haven't done anything personally. From what I have read, it is really not an Audigy, and does not even have an emu10k chip in it. There is some source code available if anyone is interested. it looks like an extension to usb type speakers.

I've been working kinda slow lately, but I hope to have an update sometime soon: Gameport (done) and mpu401 interface working(in progress).

Greg
DaaT
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Hey Greg, how's it going? Was wondering how's the driver coming along, been making good progress? I feel like testing new features icon_biggrin.gif

Take care,
DaaT
GregC
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:27 pm10    Post subject: My goal is to make it the best supported soundcard for BeOS! Reply with quote  Previous 

The driver development is coming along well icon_smile.gif I didn't do too much coding over the holidays, but I am just as motivated as ever !
I'm still working on the midi port. I believe that once I get it working, it will be easy to adapt to the SBLive, and Audigy2 as well.

I haven't done much to the audio parts of the driver, but the good news is that I am learning a LOT more about setting up the signal paths, and effects path within the DSP processor. Once I get that part down, it will be pretty easy to get the rear speakers supported, center channel/subwoofer, 3d enhancement, maybe even pro-logic and surround effects. Lots of possibilities!

Also, I have been investigating some of the differences between the Audigy and Audigy2. The Audigy2 uses a different 8 channel DAC chip, while the Audigy uses a 6 channel. Both versions use the same output chip if you have the Platinum version with a headphone jack. Right now, the Audigy driver doesn't work with the Audigy2, but I should be able to get the headphone jack working in BeOS, at least.

Once I get the midi port working, I will release an update. I don't have a date, but hopefully soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeDrivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum