The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BeOS option on "Best Interface" poll
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h_ank
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:19 pm   Post subject: BeOS option on "Best Interface" poll Reply with quote   Next

XPde is a group of people trying to copy 99% of Windows XP's interface for Linux. Maybe if BeOS gets more votes we can bring these misguided souls aboard?
Eddyspeeder
Uses Both Hands. ;-)
Uses Both Hands. ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Yeah yeah, people come on. We should really do this!

Read the story on the front page of TBJ, or go here: http://www.xpde.com/modules.php?name=Surveys&pollID=2

Move your mouse cursor to "the holy OS name" in the screen that appears when you click the link above, and smash VOTE.

Eddy Groen
http://www.skycycleonline.com/
Eddyspeeder
Uses Both Hands. ;-)
Uses Both Hands. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Cool we have a new poll. Check out http://frankps.net/modules/news/. On the right there's a poll (Norwegian: Meningsmålinger) with these options:

Norwegian
Code:
Hvilket operativsystem bruker du mest?
BeOS
MacOS X
MorphOS
Linux
Qtopia / Sharp Zaurus
Annet
[Stem!] [Resultater]

English
Code:
Which operating system do you most use?
BeOS
MacOS X
MorphOS
Linux
Qtopia / Sharp Zaurus
Annet
[Vote!] [Results]

So people, please go out and "Stem"!!! Be heard, Be showing off, Be operating system rules.

Eddy Groen

Last edited by Eddyspeeder on Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
tarjei
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

hm, it's not swedish, but norwegian.. icon_smile.gif
Eddyspeeder
Uses Both Hands. ;-)
Uses Both Hands. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Sorry, but thanks icon_biggrin.gif I speak a few words of Swedish and with my Dutch background I can quite understand what is meant in Swedish and Norwegian... but separating them doesn't always work, so it seems. I estimated this was most probably Swedish. Anyway, corrected it now icon_wink.gif

Eddy Groen
donan71
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:31 pm   Post subject: Well i did it Reply with quote  Previous Next

I stemmed on that website for BeOS of course!!!
Alex Mouton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Guys. Come on. This is a ridiculous penis-size contest. Who cares how many votes BeOS gets on the website of a linux/XPwm front. Blue Eyes OS is already building a beos equivalent of XPde anyways, correct? One thats actually due to come out Real Soon Now, even. The converse, an XPwm on top of BEOS, is the lowest of low priority efforts for BeOS at the moment. Please, its distracting.
Eddyspeeder
Uses Both Hands. ;-)
Uses Both Hands. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

You have a few pretty strong arguments there, but on the other hand I think that a bit extra promotion for BeOS (any version) is never bad.

It's funny that you mention this is a "penis size contest". But every man wants a big penis, right? And regarless of all those "enlarge your penis using our product", we have something way better - BeOS. icon_exclaim.gif

So it's showing off, all right I'm giving you full credit on that. But if we stand strong as a BeOS community and show that BeOS has the biggest fans of all, people might get fascinated and curious to this "Be Operating System" thingy.

I hope you see my view and respect it as I respect yours. At least you've already been attracted to this brave new world. Another soul has been saved icon_wink.gif

Eddy Groen
Alex Mouton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Hey Eddie

Thank you for a well balanced response. To continue the analogy, I should also remind you that penis size contests involve lots of LYING, and generally discredits most participants. All humor besides. I think this is ballotstuffing is still problematic. If we want to better get the word out, lets make an OpenBeos Ad campaign. It could be like the 3rd rip off of the Apple Switcher Campaign. Show our inthusiasm head on, in its entirety with out bootstrapping to some insignificant, voiceless, multiple choice ballot.
h_ank
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:05 am10    Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous 

I'm certainly not ballot stuffing, I just want other people who like BeOS to be aware of related polls. If you think Be is the best, vote. I do and would vote so, if I knew a question was being asked...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum