Navigation Menu.
The BeOSJournal. Reporting the news of the BeOS Community.
  Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Site Statistics.Statistics    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister
   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin

sound problem in Dan0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Problems Printable version

Summary Rating For >> sound problem in Dan0

Average Rating: 0.00 :: Min Rating: 0 :: Max Rating: 0 :: Number of Ratings: 0

You are not authorized to rate this topic
:: View detailed info
 View previous topic  Be Boot manager Post :: Post Installing BeOS Dev Edition 1.1 on HPT...  View next topic  
bugyugo
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: sound problem in Dan0 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here is my problem with sound in Dano.
I have supported sound card (YamahaOPL3). Had no problem with that card in r4/r4.5/r5.
In Dano it is like this: I have sound in SoundPlay, when playing DivX in vlc, but no sound from MediaPlayer, or with events (startup, beep,..).
I've tried deleting Media folder in ~/home/settings, but no luck.
Any idea how to solve this problem?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
jeanmarc
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wait and buy a Zeta copy icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
aphex
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Reinstall ? icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
bugyugo
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Recompile kernel? icon_mrgreen.gif

My problem started while playing around with TV app and PersonalStudio in both R5 and Dan0. So, something got corrupted. Solution in r5 was to delete /config/settings/Media, and restarting mediaservices, but no luck in Dan0. icon_confused.gif
I was thinking.. is there any way in BeOS to "upgrade" one version (like r5) with new one (like Dan0/Zeta when comes out)?
I don't want to loose all my settings. That's why I installed Dan0 on separate partition. Moving all my apps, decoders, settings files from R5 is PITA.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Deej
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Keep in mind that Dano0 was unreleased, and as such, the MediaKit that is included in it was a pre-beta total from scratch rebuild of the older MediaKit. You will run into issues, period. Sorry to have to tell you this, but there may be nothing you can do about it accept help the OpenBeOS MediaKit team replace it.

Deej
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
bugyugo
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I found out what was causing problems. Not playing around with PersonalStudio, but HybridDivX. After removing DivX decoders/encoders, everything is OK now.
icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Email to a Friend.

Page 1 of 1