Navigation Menu.
The BeOSJournal. Reporting the news of the BeOS Community.
  Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Site Statistics.Statistics    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister
   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin

Be Boot manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Problems Printable version

Summary Rating For >> Be Boot manager

Average Rating: 0.00 :: Min Rating: 0 :: Max Rating: 0 :: Number of Ratings: 0

You are not authorized to rate this topic
:: View detailed info
 View previous topic  Have you ever used BFS-tools? Post :: Post sound problem in Dan0  View next topic  
pete138
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Be Boot manager Reply to topic Reply with quote

How do I uninstall the Bootmanager created by Beos?
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
jeanmarc
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

type bootman on the terminal then uninstall icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
capoccia
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

this sounds like you want to go back to just booting windows on this computer. reboot to a dos prompt (or use a boot disk) and type .

see also: http://www.betips.net/chunga.php?ID=99
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
pete138
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: beos bootmanager Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it! icon_biggrin.gif
pete138
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Another problem! Reply to topic Reply with quote

I installed Beos to my second hard drive using the Be installer. Now I want to get rid of it and use my hard drive from within windows, bu it does'nt appear in My Computer. I also cannot access it from Dos prompt. What now?
icon_sad.gif
capoccia
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the first thing you need to do is format the partition with some format that windows understands. you can use fdisk from a dos prompt or some graphical partitioning tool like partition magic. windows 2000 (maybe nt and xp) includes some basic graphical reformatting tool within administrative tools in the control panel. it's called disk management.

if you use fdisk, i think you will have to delete the beos partition and create a new fat partition. some of the other programs will do it differently, but the idea is the same. in order for windows to show you your drive, it needs to be in a format that it understands.
pete138
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: how to use fdisk? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I use win98. My windows drive is C. My second drive used to be D. How do I format it?
Thanks for the help.
capoccia
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1.) reboot to dos.

2.) type
i don't remember the exact details of the steps, but you want to delete your beos partition and create a new fat partition.
see this page for lots of good tips on using fdisk.
http://www.computerhope.com/fdiskhlp.htm
they even have a simulator where you can try out what you think you should do and see what happens.
http://www.computerhope.com/sfdisk1.htm

3.) reboot to windows and format your d drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Email to a Friend.

Page 1 of 1