The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpenTracker on BeOS Pro 5.0.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArDrakho
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:55 am   Post subject: OpenTracker on BeOS Pro 5.0.3 Reply with quote   Next

I decided to try out OpenTracker on my Pro version. I liked some of the features of OpenTracker (from MexEd). Therefore, I downloaded the OpenTracker package. First, I set up a test partition, installed a clean Pro 503, and updated my video driver to nvidia. Now, I tried to install OpenTracker via the Software Valet. It goes through till the shellscript and locks up. All activity seizes--hard reboot only option.

During boot, I try to enter this version of Pro, I get the blue screen and the mouse cursor--that is it. Nothing...

What to do ... First, is OpenTracker compatible with the Pro version of BeOS? If so, what should I do next?

P.S.
I repaired the offending files by renaming the new files to .bad and the .old to their former selves. Rebooted--no problems.

ArDrakho
BePage
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:39 pm   Post subject: OpenTracker Reply with quote  Previous Next

Did you install the R5.0.1/5.0.2 update too? Maybe OT doesn't workes without them. If it's a problem you still can extrat the files in the .pkg using Package Builder
(/boot/develop/PackageBuilder) and put them in the /boot/beos/system and /boot/beos/system/lib folder

--BePage
ArDrakho
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:10 pm   Post subject: An update Reply with quote  Previous 

OpenTracker 5.1.5 never worked in my BeOS Pro 5.0.3 (including all updates). Same problems occurs with four different attempts. Therefore, I tried OpenTracker.NewFS on top of OpenTracker--the previous (1.icon_cool.gif and latest version (2.0) works great! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the support. icon_smile.gif

ArDrakho
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum