The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with com ports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfmoses
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:08 pm   Post subject: Problems with com ports Reply with quote   Next

Hi, I'm having problems trying to sincronize my palm with Reflections. The problem is that I can't disable com port 2. Does anyone know how to do it?
TIA
jefro
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

You might look in the bios? Some of them allow it.

There might be a way to do it like in dos with a redirect to another port.
dfmoses
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:22 pm   Post subject: Problem with Com Ports Reply with quote  Previous Next

icon_rolleyes.gif
Thanks for your advice!
I think that the problen is not there because in BIOS there is no port 2 at all. I'dont know where BeOS found information about that ghost port. That's why I´m asking how to disable it.
Anyway, I'll try something inside the BIOS. Thank you again and don´t hesitate to write if you come up with any other idea.
Greetings
icon_biggrin.gif
jefro
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous 

Most I/O chips have two serial ports but only one may be connected and only one may have been written into the bios. See what beos says in the preferences devices panel.

Can you explain the trouble differently?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum