The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team BeOS at SETI ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rr_man
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:17 pm   Post subject: Team BeOS at SETI ?? Reply with quote   Next

Does anyone know what happened to Team BeOS on SETI? I t looks as if it was disbanded after the weekly updates on sunday.

Cliff Beach
Beyond
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

No clue as to what has happened, but it seems that you may be right. Can't find hide nor hair of the team on Berkeley's website/statistics. Whomever started the team must have decided to call it quits. Though late in the game as far as Seti 1 goes perhaps someone would be willing to re-start the team?

edit/sorry orginal team page is still there, but no members?
h_ank
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_1795.html
881 members, but no statistics. Probably just something wrong with their server.
rr_man
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Thanks for the Link h_ank, I could not find that link yesterday morning.
Anyway, Last night I joined 'Carolyn's Clinic ' Team.

Cliff Beach Retired - but still busy - Grandson, Wife, then CPU farm
Beyond
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

h_ank wrote:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_1795.html
881 members, but no statistics. Probably just something wrong with their server.

The page is still there, however all statistics of the team are no longer showing on any of the statistic pages therefore I "fear" the team has been dis-banded by whomever has the "keys" (password) to the team account. Perhaps an e-mail to Berkeley is in order?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

I suggest we jump to the openbeos team until we can sort out what happened with the TeamBeos one. I think your stats will follow and we'll see who's really active on the team anyway since it's an up-and-comer.
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_131572.html
I can add a second link to the teambeos.com page too, maybe be the weekend.
I've sent a couple emails seeing if they will move ownership of the team over to me but i'm guessing that'll just be lost in the shuffle over to the new project.

-Scottmc
jeanmarc
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

It would be nice to merge all thoses BeOS teams, in one..

# Team BeOS
# StopMS - BeOS rulez
# BeOS
# BeOS PT Server
# BeOS Users Worldwide
# OpenBeOS
scottmc
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Trouble is each member has to move his stats over... If you're still crunching away at seti, move over to the OpenBeOS team. I've updated the link on TeamBeOS.com to point to it.

-Scottmc
Reddog
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

I just switched over. Looked at my personal stats at SETI and it said that I didn't belong to any team. They could have at least told me...

I keep telling myself that I should dump SETI & do something else, but I'm too lazy right now.

Pat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:05 am10    Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous 

Thanks for moving your points over... in just the last few days this team has double is members. Too bad we don't have a list of people who were on teambeos, we could let them know to switch over also. Even if you're not currently running you can still switch your past stats over to the new team.
Just goto the OpenBeOS team page and enter in the email address you used when you first signed up. Forgot your password, no problem they'll email it to you...assuming you can still get email at the address you signed up with that is.
-scottmc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> Team BeOS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum