The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZETA video from CeBit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinasaur
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:51 am   Post subject: ZETA video from CeBit Reply with quote   Next

Two things stand out from the new video shot at CeBit.

1. Ability to run Macintosh on an X86 computer. The video clearly shows Bernd switching to a desktop in which MacOS boots.

2. Ability to have a desktop set to MacOS...it didn't look like SheepSaver running in a window..it looked like the entire desktop dedicated to MacOS.

Anyone else seen this vid (Bezip.de) and care to comment?

Other things -

Z-snake menu's working.
Was very fast on Bernd's XP2400...but then what isn't? (Well..WinX but hey icon_smile.gif

He had the hotspot views on his desktop but did not hit them. He only used drop down menues from the Deskbar. No "righ click" app menu functionality built in yet it seems.

RealPlayer came up so I guess it's included in Zeta. Doubt it's a new build tho.

His decor list seemed to have about 8 to 10 items in it...nothing we haven't seen so far.

Everything else was old hat. Nothing new
xcasex
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:44 am   Post subject: Re: ZETA video from CeBit Reply with quote  Previous Next

[quote="Chinasaur"]Two things stand out from the new video shot at CeBit.

1. Ability to run Macintosh on an X86 computer. The video clearly shows Bernd switching to a desktop in which MacOS boots.

2. Ability to have a desktop set to MacOS...it didn't look like SheepSaver running in a window..it looked like the entire desktop dedicated to MacOS.

Other things -

Z-snake menu's working.
Was very fast on Bernd's XP2400...but then what isn't? (Well..WinX but hey :)

He had the hotspot views on his desktop but did not hit them. He only used drop down menues from the Deskbar. No "righ click" app menu functionality built in yet it seems.

RealPlayer came up so I guess it's included in Zeta. Doubt it's a new build tho.

His decor list seemed to have about 8 to 10 items in it...nothing we haven't seen so far.

Everything else was old hat. Nothing new[/quote]

don't forget, yollo.com redirects to yellowtab.com doesn't seem to serious to me.
aphex
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:44 am   Post subject: Re: ZETA video from CeBit Reply with quote  Previous Next

Chinasaur wrote:

Other things -

Z-snake menu's working.
Was very fast on Bernd's XP2400...but then what isn't? (Well..WinX but hey icon_smile.gif

Everything else was old hat. Nothing new

I guess that may be Basilisk (Mac 68k emulator) running in full screen?
casimir
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:48 am   Post subject: help Reply with quote  Previous Next

*cry* my beos machines HD is busted, and I cant install on this HD.

This means I cant get into beshare, which means no zeta video.

Anyone want to zip it up and send it to me =)

Dont really expect anyone too. but I can always hope =)
RobotIntestines
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:57 am   Post subject: Re: help Reply with quote  Previous Next

EDIT: nevermind icon_smile.gif I was offering to host it until I found out it is 66megs.
diffidentlyindifferent
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:RFCEGDM66XSFG7ZH4LDNHOXGMHY6FJHF.ROEHVAC6EIINDSP2KGBAI42JDJOSC2X3HCEI3PY&dn=BeOS-Zeta-Presentation-CeBIT2003.avi

You'll have to reconstruct the link. I'll try to give priority to this file [I'm using Shareaza].
aphex
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:15 pm   Post subject: Re: ZETA video from CeBit Reply with quote  Previous Next

Chinasaur wrote:

I can confirm its just Basilisk running MacOS 8.0 with an MacOS X skin. It looks much like he is showing an old basilisk image i made some year ago (or more) and shared on BeShare.

Don't ask me why... icon_confused.gif
sikosis
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:55 am   Post subject: US Video Mirror Reply with quote  Previous 

Wow ... this is exciting. icon_cool.gif

I've now made the Zeta Video demostration available for all here:-

http://gravity24hr.com/mirror/zeta/

This server is located at Kansas City, USA (Home of the Chiefs icon_wink.gif )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum