The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When will be the next BeGeistert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> Everything & Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:55 am   Post subject: When will be the next BeGeistert Reply with quote   Next

Guys, i know that the 10th edition of BeGeistert have not begined yet, but i'm planning going to the next edition (11) if the dates are more adequate to all members of the BeOS community. I think summer is better than easter dates, so if there's a BeGeistert on summer (August preferlaby) more member could come from more parts of Europe (this includes me).

What do you think?

I hope the assistants of the tenth edition get fun!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eddyspeeder
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

On one hand you have a point, on the other hand August wouldn't be such a good month because (a) some people are on holidays and are probably really sorry not being able to make it and (b) the cost would probably be unnecessarily higher because it always is more expensive in summer to rent space.

But first let me mention that Charlie Clark, the man who organises BeGeistert, is always open to people who feel like organising a BeGeistert near them. For example, you can organise your own "Mediterranean BeGeistert" which should be able to attract people from Portugal, Spain, France and maybe Italy too. You might never know. about it. icon_smile.gif

As BeGeistert has always been held in April and October, the real hardcore BeGeistert visitors always schedule in a way they can make it (so best would be to take the Friday off to get there in time, or to take the Monday after off to catch up on some sleep -- best would be both Friday and Monday).

So far planning BeGeistert in April and October hasn't led to a shortage of visitors. A recent development is that the number of people coming to BeGeistert is slowly rising again! icon_biggrin.gif (and I expect it to rise even further in the future with all the BeOS-related projects going full-speed).

Also, having a BeGeistert in August would mean you'd have a BeGeistert around December/January too, when it is far below zero in Dusseldorf, Germany (ohhhhh Spain, yeah Spain's climate rules! But BeGeistert is organised by a man living in Dusseldorf, sorry icon_rolleyes.gif).

So for the weather April (with an occasional BeBecue) and October (with mostly not too bad weather either) are ideal months.

For me it also has a nice side-effect. Most BeGeistert attendants have a sleeping pattern that weekend which consists out of VERY little sleep. I myself am still a student and each time I attended BeGeistert I had a week of holiday the week after which gave me plenty of time to get back to my usual sleeping pattern.

Let me just come up with a few examples of how the hardcore fans plan to be there:
- Bernd of YellowTab has been extremely busy lately. Did he keep his schedule free from appointments in the BeGeistert weekend to attend? Yes. Does he live nextdoor? No, I wouldn't say that.
- Be users from France came by car. They managed to make it all the way.
- People who have heard from BeGeistert and always felt like they should at least attend once always find a way to get there some time. Mostly BeGeistert is so addictive to those people that from then on they plan their schedule - regardless of how crowded it is with appointments - to attend BeGeistert.

Eddy Groen
http://www.skycycleonline.com/
BeGeistert
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:35 am   Post subject: BeGeistert - when and where Reply with quote  Previous Next

Hola Nitro,

Eddy's done a good job in explaining the situation; in fact I think we'll make him Chief Distributor of Disorder for his evangelical role. He's more diplomatic than I am. April and October were the only times available up to now but they work well and as Eddy says people are used to it. There was a BeGeistert on Tour in August, and the Italian BUG is running one as part of webb.it - if the pictures are anything to go by it'll better equipped than our humble offering.

So there's nothing to stop you organising an event of your own with our full support at a time and in a place to suit you.

By the way this is likely to be the last BeGeistert, well at least under that name. 011 is already going under the working name of "excited about Walter". Catchy isn't it? The logo is a big rabbit...

For peace
www.BeGeistert.org
DaaT
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

I just want to say that BeGeistert is GOING TO RULE!!! icon_biggrin.gif

DaaT
Eddyspeeder
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:39 pm   Post subject: Re: BeGeistert - when and where Reply with quote  Previous Next

BeGeistert wrote:
Eddy's done a good job in explaining the situation; in fact I think we'll make him Chief Distributor of Disorder for his evangelical role. He's more diplomatic than I am.
Hmmm Charlie, is there any favor you need me to do? icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for the nice comment though icon_wink.gif

Ummm DaaT...
YOU BETCHA!!!

Eddy Groen
nitro
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Hallo BeGeistert, Hello folks.

Ok, thanks for the quick explanation you made. I hope some South-European BeOS members (portguese, french, italian or spanish,...) could organize a BeOS Party this summer. In my case, as student, i'm with exams at the end of April-first of May, so too difficult to students to asist. October is better for students, cause there are no exams at that date.

DaaT, i see you so active in the BeOS scene... can you plan a BeOS Party for this summer? icon_razz.gif Moito obrigado

See you, danke!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eddyspeeder
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous 

I *think* that BeGeistert will be planned on 18 and 19 October 2003. At least I assume Charlie (BeGeistert) prefers to plan it in that weekend. There are always some factors that can change it though. Take this year, I thought it would be held on 19-20 April but it was postponed by one week.

Eddy Groen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> Everything & Anything All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum