The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

msn client

View previous topic :: View next topic  
casimir
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:21 pm   Post subject: msn client Reply with quote   Next

Hmmm, I remember a while ago someone working on a msn messenger client for beos. It might have been over on begroovy but I am not sure.

Well, does anyone have any info on how the project is going?? I can;t wait for it to be out. The jabber msn service is really bad.... so I am waiting for your version.

Any info??
lanjoe9
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:20 am   Post subject: hmm Reply with quote  Previous Next

I remember something like "People on Steroids" + Tracker
I think it was on SourceForge, let me see if I can find it.
BTW, I don't have any problems with Jabber (I use server myjabber.net)
twanda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

http://forums.begroovy.com/attachment.php?s=0661ae2d721b8c2bd88ce563bf650bfa&postid=28764
scottmc
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

There's another client in the works over at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/olmeki/
Seems to be a take off on BeJabber
casimir
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

twanda, that is the one I am talking about, anyone know how it is going??

scottmc, jabber isnt worth it for msn chatting. I would just us icq or irc for chatting, but all my friends are stuck in msn windows worlds, so I use msn to keep intouch with them. The jabber msn transport sucks, even when you get a good server, that is why we need a good "just msn" client. I don't mind haveing even 4 clients open "msn irc icq and beshare"

Lanjoe9 I don't seem to have luck with transports and jabber for beos doesnt have logging, or anyother cool features that msn and msnplus do.
h_ank
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous 

What's wrong with Jabber and MSN? I feel as though I'm missing something because it seems to work just fine for me. MyJabber.net has been working for months, AFAIK...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum