The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GeForce4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:21 am   Post subject: GeForce4 Reply with quote   Next

the NVidia GeForce 4 chipset don't work, even with the unified Nvidia drivers.
Bobthearch
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:58 pm   Post subject: Too bad... Reply with quote  Previous Next

I just bought one of those. Damn! Now I have BeOS in black-and-white. I guess it's back to the old VESA Accected patch. These cards are popular and have been out quite a while...
icon_sad.gif
DaaT
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Yes they've been out for a while, but there's no Be, Inc to write the drivers. Heck, even when Be, Inc was around, Nvidia never released the specs for the GeForce family, the Unified Driver was built with the help "of a little bird", as his own words.

Anyway... Zeta will support GeForce 4, according to what they say.

DaaT
Technix
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:52 pm   Post subject: the good ol' days Reply with quote  Previous Next

Remember the little birdies that would peep in BeShare from time to time?

icon_wink.gif
DaaT
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Uh? No, i'm not recalling them...

DaaT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

I think lots of people who are potentially BeOS users would seriously wanna see a GF4 driver. I hope that it will exist in Zeta as rumours say...

I mean GF4 is one of the most sold cards today and no support for it would mean a disaster really..
lanjoe9
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Don't forget the GeForce 4 Go users please icon_wink.gif
scottmc
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

I'd be really surprised to see a GeForce4 driver in Zeta. As far as I know there's no one (at least not publicly) working on one at the moment. This is the number one driver people ask for that is so far not seeing any progress. Trouble devs run into is getting info to work from. nVidia are not willing to give out info. I say, get an ATI card and hit them in the wallet!

-scottmc
Clematis
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

I think I just managed to get the sourcecode for the NVididia GF 4 Linux driver. That will obviously show how it works, so if someone can please write a GF 4 driver so I can sturt using BeOS again I'd be very happy...

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/39736

Check the first reply...

BeCool
Alex Mouton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:31 pm10    Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous 

Take a look, but from the tar output, i see lots of .h .so .a .o
but no .c files

i.e. NO Source. =/

not surprising really, but no less dumb icon_wink.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeDrivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum