The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Name Poll 2: 25 Names
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

25 Names. Fight!
Beast
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Beat
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ceia
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
CeOS
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Haiku
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Indigo
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Liquid
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Menlo
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
NeOS
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
NewBE
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
oboe
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
OBOS
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Optimus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OS/B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OxygenOS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ozone
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Plan-B
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Pluto
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rebel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rebirth
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Saphire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
StratOS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Symphony
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ZeOS
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Zeus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

Technix
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:36 pm   Post subject: New Name Poll 2: 25 Names Reply with quote   Next

Ok.. after looking at the rather limited number of votes, (35), and finding that we only got 18 unique voted names, I've added a few other suggested names to the round 2 list, as to flesh it out some more.

This is still an open VOTE, and you are entitled to vote on whatever name suits your fancy. Please, no comments about me tinkering with the poll. I'm merely bringing the total to 25, with names that were mised and suggested by others.

We will select the top 10 winning names from this poll on January 1st, 2003, and present a 10-name poll at that time, where it can run for a month until February 1st, 2003, when we can finally present the winning name to openbeos.net and beunited.org

Thank you for participating in this poll. It shows that there are many people who still care about our mutual future.

Please do us an enormous favor, and post this news on every site you can, to help spread the good word. We'll leave this poll up until January 1st, as stated above, blah blah blah. icon_wink.gif

Good luck!
misza
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:32 pm   Post subject: Indigo Reply with quote  Previous Next

Indigo! Indigo
! Indigo! Indigo! Indigo! Indigo! new_bigcrowd.gif new_butterfly.gif new_color_.gif [/code]

BeOS!
The SMP OS
h_ank
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

What happened to Firefly? I liked that one...
anon
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:03 pm   Post subject: Why don't you allow more than 1 vote? Reply with quote  Previous Next

Damned, that way we could, too, have hundreds of votes, and it would be MUCH easier to make one's mind up. 'coz I like more than just 1 name. And btw, I don't like indigo.
misza
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Why don't you allow more than 1 vote? Reply with quote  Previous Next

anon wrote:
And btw, I don't like indigo.

Then you shall be assimilated!

BeOS!
The SMP OS
Eddyspeeder
Uses Both Hands. ;-)
Uses Both Hands. ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:08 pm   Post subject: Ceia Reply with quote  Previous Next

Ceia icon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif

Eddy Groen
http://www.skycycleonline.com/
cj171
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

YEA!! What happened to Firefly? I loved that One and I think it rocks all the others socks off icon_razz.gif and Indigo sounds boring and its too "hobby" OS sounding...we need something cool like Firefly so that it'll stand out with Mac and Windows. Too many of those choices sound really "geeky" and people aren't going to flock to something named Plan-B or something like that.
-CJ
I forgot what else i was gonna say...
BiPolar
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

People:
Have you lost your memory? Haiku was in the 15 namming poll on the OBOS site!
BTW, that's the only name in THIS list that I kinda like (maybe Plan-B, but cj171 is right, too geeky).

About Indigo: sounds Ok to me (sounds Ok in spanish too, my little sister is able to pronounce it)
but, as any marketing-department guy could tell you: It has more than two syllabes, and that's no good
for a product name.

cj171: as i said before on other post, FireFly sounds cool, but ONLY for people that speak english!
Pronounced by non english speakers it sounds REALLY ugly.
That's why I think that a language-neutral name is the best choice. And for that, a Latin based word is one of the most representatives. Except for the Asians (you know, FAR East...), almost all languages has some roots on Latin.
cj171
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

good point about FireFly there...ohwell..
about indigo, it may have 2 syllables, but then again, so does windows icon_wink.gif i sorta liked walter and got used to the idea taht they had already picked that...maybe we shouldnt change it?
-CJ
Eddyspeeder
Uses Both Hands. ;-)
Uses Both Hands. ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:39 pm10    Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous 

Thanks CJ for bringing in THE argument not to vote for Indigo as I want it to have the least to do with Windows! ARGH

Eddy Groen
http://www.skycycleonline.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum