Navigation Menu.
The BeOSJournal. Reporting the news of the BeOS Community.
  Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Site Statistics.Statistics    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister
   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin

Gobe Productive 3.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> Everything & Anything Printable version

Summary Rating For >> Gobe Productive 3.0

Average Rating: 0.00 :: Min Rating: 0 :: Max Rating: 0 :: Number of Ratings: 0

You are not authorized to rate this topic
:: View detailed info
 View previous topic  What OS do you huys use now to produce... Post :: Post Helpdesk Joke  View next topic  
dzen
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Gobe Productive 3.0 Reply to topic Reply with quote

In the last year I was psyched about the emergence of Bezilla as a decent browser and the progress of Gobe on GP in its Linux port. This made possible a consistent browser and office suite across all 3 of my platforms (BeOS, Win, Linux). Needless to say, the events of the past year for GP have been disappointing.
I did download the Linux alpha before things fell apart, but I didn't buy the Windows version. Progress by Free Radical software to get it open sourced looks iffy. Does anybody know where I could get a copy of Gobe Productive for Windows? I would be willing to buy it, at the very least I'd cover the cost of time, shipping, discs, whatever. I'm not rabid about all software being free as in beer, so there some ethical questions here. I'm not sure what the legalities are, but personally, I think software that has been abandoned should be open for sharing for personal use.
View users profile Send private message
Technix
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: see this link. Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.beunited.org/standards/phorum/read.php?f=22&i=4&t=4

beunited.org has done a wonderful job so far to keep us informed and to keep track of what people are saying.

I think you can find some answers there.

icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
phooey
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Open Office? Reply to topic Reply with quote

dzen,

You may already be familiar with Open Office, but if not take a look at http://www.openoffice.org. Versions are available for Windows and Linux and I believe if Gobe Productive is not open sourced there will be a movement to get it ported to BeOS/Zeta.

Think you have a fast computer? Then put it to the test at http://www.teambeos.com
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
Wombat
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Open Office? Reply to topic Reply with quote

phooey wrote:
dzen,

You may already be familiar with Open Office, but if not take a look at http://www.openoffice.org. Versions are available for Windows and Linux and I believe if Gobe Productive is not open sourced there will be a movement to get it ported to BeOS/Zeta.

beunited.org has already been named the official porting organisation for OpenOffice for BeOS by Sun. The two will be developed alongside each other. However, judging by the loyalty of the community, and due to the fact that Productive is a FANTASTIC package, Productive is likely to get most of the attention.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> Everything & Anything All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Email to a Friend.

Page 1 of 1