Navigation Menu.
The BeOSJournal. Reporting the news of the BeOS Community.
  Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Site Statistics.Statistics    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister
   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin

Where the heck is BeGroovy?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Main Printable version
 View previous topic  PowerMac 9600/8600 Post :: Post BeOS Programming  View next topic  
Reddog
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Where the heck is BeGroovy? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Am I the only one who hasn't been able to contact them lately? I keep getting "Temporarily unable to connect: Operation timed out". I was waiting, thinking that they'd be back soon, but it seems like it's been more than a week. icon_sad.gif

Pat
View users profile Send private message
theelf
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You are not by yourself. Everyone is getting the same. I did a search and found a couple of notes that they had some type of server problem. Hopefully it will be up and running soon. Begroovy and China BBS are the two MUST visit sites for keeping up to date on BeOS.
Technix
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: ... Reply to topic Reply with quote

What are we, chopped liver?

icon_wink.gif

I love BeGroovy too, and wish them to return, but I haven't considered them "must visit" sites in a long time, since they have not been nearly as busy as we have, or even openBeOS.net

But that's just my personal belief.

On a similar note, is there anything lacking on The BeOSJournal that you would like to see implemented?

We're always looking for new ideas, and suggestions.

Thanks. I hope BeGroovy comes back soon too.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
koki
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: TBJ is great! Reply to topic Reply with quote

TBJ is a great BeOS site.

The forums at begroovy seem to be more active than those in TBJ, and I wonder why.

Maybe it is the way they are organized?

Koki
Reddog
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You know, some people like chopped liver!

Actually, I've gotten into the habit of reading TBJ for news and BeGroovy for forums. There don't seem to be enough of us to support the number of forums available to us.

What is China BBS? This is the first I've heard of it.

Pat
theelf
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

China BBS
http://wellos.51.net/HanQS/be/
Deej
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just found out about begroovy returning to the working/living this morning. I'll shoot off an email to Nutcase to see what he can do (I no longer have admin passwords). Worst case scenario is I move the dns to a new server and we start anew [again].

Deej
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
h_ank
Pencil Pusher
Pencil Pusher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is China BBS available to non-Chinable people? Should I just spend a few minutes and learn Chinese?
theelf
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There are a few who visit China BBS who speak English and French in addition to Chinese. There is at least one who speaks Japanese. Other languages?
--------------------------------------
Language and webpage translator
http://babel.altavista.com/tr
phooey
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: China BBS Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow it looks there are a lot of posts to China BBS. Nice to see a BeOS movement (or at least cult) happening in China.

thelf: What kind of things do you talk about on China BBS (ie Linux vs Windows, drivers, etc)?

Think you have a fast computer? Then put it to the test at http://www.teambeos.com
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Email to a Friend.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2