The BeOSJournal. Forum Index The BeOSJournal.
Discussing the news of the BeOS Community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New BeGeistert website
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddyspeeder
Uses Both Hands. ;-)
Uses Both Hands. ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:12 am   Post subject: New BeGeistert website Reply with quote   Next

Let me proudly present to you - the new BeGeistert website on http://www.begeistert.org/.

...what? Oh I see, you want me to tell more. Well go and have a look! icon_biggrin.gif

BeGeistert is unique in its sort. On Earth, there is only 1 convention for users of the alien technology generally categorized under OSBOS.

Eddy Groen
http://www.skycycleonline.com/
Assimil8or
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

nice page! good to see an update
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
donan71
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:11 pm   Post subject: what is BeGeistert Reply with quote  Previous Next

Soryy i am Canadian and i am not quite sure is know what this is for. Has anybody been to BeGeistert
donan71
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

Sorry i am Canadian and i am not quite sure i know what this is for. Has anybody been to BeGeistert. Please ignore the stupid spelling in the post before this one.
Eddyspeeder
Uses Both Hands. ;-)
Uses Both Hands. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

BeGeistert is held twice a year in Dusseldorf, Germany. Mostly people come in from mainly Germany, The Netherlands and France, but we also have a Northern Irish guy from France, a Canadian guy from The Netherlands (right Chris?) and an English guy from Germany (that's the guy who manages it all).

People basically go there to have contact, fun, beer and information input. The event is usually divided over the "computer room" (laptop paradise and something that seems like the world record "most pizza boxes in one room"), the "presentation room" (at night occasionally also used as cinema) and the bedrooms (no comments with that icon_rolleyes.gif).

It's a weekend where nobody tells you what to do. So if you want to go to a presentation, sure. If you rather stay in the computer room to watch somebody demonstrating something else on his/her computer, have fun and take a beer if you like.

Mainly because the weekends are so enjoyable you often see the same persons reappear each time, but there are some new faces each time as well.

For more info, check the FAQ and the Archives (those pics tell you a lot!).

Eddy Groen
Technix
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:47 pm   Post subject: great fun. Reply with quote  Previous Next

Yup, I'm from Canada, and had the pleasure of being at the last BeGeistert.

I now reside in the netherlands, and am planning to go to the next BeGeistert in April. In fact, I head to CeBit tomorrow for a few days, and should have some fun. icon_wink.gif
Frans van Nispen
NewBe
NewBe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:16 pm   Post subject: Re: great fun. Reply with quote  Previous Next

Technix wrote:
Yup, I'm from Canada, and had the pleasure of being at the last BeGeistert.

I now reside in the netherlands, and am planning to go to the next BeGeistert in April. In fact, I head to CeBit tomorrow for a few days, and should have some fun. icon_wink.gif

Hi Chris, may be we can travel together this year.
Technix
Junior Scribe
Junior Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:19 am   Post subject: Frans, BeGeistert... Reply with quote  Previous Next

Yeah, that would be great, Frans. I was planning on purchasing a train ticket from Rotterdam, through Utrecht, and then to Dusseldorf.

The last time I went, it costs me only 43 euro round trip, leaving from Friday morning and back anytime on Sunday.

You want to meet in utrecht, and then we can talk on the journey to Dusseldorf?

Just ideas. Let me know what you want to do.
DaaT
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous Next

And guess what... not final yet, but close to 95% decided that i'll be going.. MWAHAHA!!!

DaaT
Eddyspeeder
Uses Both Hands. ;-)
Uses Both Hands. ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:15 am10    Post subject: Reply with quote  Previous 

KEWL DaaT. I might be there as well, but it's not definite yet, depends on various factors of which none are sure at this moment.

Eddy Groen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The BeOSJournal. Forum Index -> BeOS Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum